Sweek writing competition: #Tomorrow!
April 4, 2017
April 4, 2017
SUBMISSIONS FOR THIS CONTEST ARE CLOSED. THE WINNERS WILL BE ANNOUNCED ON THE 6TH OF JUNE
Upload your story on sweek.com to enter in the competition!
TOMORROW. There is always so much more to this word. Your future can be exciting, uncertain or promising. Let your dreams, fears or expectations inspire you for a story (real or fictional;)) to participate in our next writing competition!
Planning a backpacking trip this summer? Your tomorrow will likely be full of adventures 😉 About to graduate? In that case you might have some important decisions right ahead of you! Just met the love of your life? Tomorrow seems very happy and promising! Do you need a fresh start? Go ahead and write your tomorrow. Or perhaps, write the future of a fictional character you just created!
Whatever it is, the future holds amazing stories and we’re excited to read them! All genres; all forms; fiction and nonfiction.
4th of April – 15th of May
Impress our jury to win the following prizes:
Grand prize [jury prize]: cash prize worth €250
Most popular story [crowd prize]: cash prize worth €75
Best Portuguese story [jury prize]: cash prize worth €50
Best English story [jury prize]: cash prize worth €50
Best German [jury prize]: cash prize worth €50
Best Dutch story [jury prize]: cash prize worth €50
Best Polish story [jury prize]: cash prize worth €50
Next to these prize winners, we’ll select top stories for each language to be featured on Sweek for 3 weeks. The winners will be announced on the 1st of June on the blog, social media and via email.
* The cash amount will be transferred to a bank account with a valid BIC code. The transfer fee will be paid by Sweek, but is not responsible for the conversion rate from Euro to a local currency the receiving bank uses. In case of non-availability of a bank account, a solution using Paypal or gift card to Amazon can be considered.
- You need to be 14 years or older to participate. Younger participants need their parents’ permission.
- The story must be tagged #tomorrow in story details
- Word limit: maximum 3,000 words
- The story doesn’t have to be new or exclusive, but needs to be newly uploaded on Sweek if you compete for the crowd prize
- The story didn’t participate in previous Sweek competitions
- The story is written in one of these languages: English, German, Dutch, Polish, Portuguese
- The story must be created by you. You can also write with a friend if you want to, but in case you win, the prize will be shared. It’s just one prize per story
- The story must be submitted and finished before the deadline: 15/05/17, 23:59 CET
- You can participate with multiple entries, as long as they all meet our guidelines
- The story can be both fiction and nonfiction. Any genre, as long as it is related to the topic. It can be a combination of e.g. young adult, romance, fantasy, science fiction, crime and it can have the form of both prose and poetry.
- Crowd prize is determined by the number of followers. The deadline for the followers count is: 31/05/17, 23:59 CET. Falsification of followers will lead to a warning, followed by immediate disqualification if the behavior continues.
STEP-BY-STEP GUIDELINES ON HOW TO JOIN
Step 1: Download the Sweek app
Step 2: Sign up, click on “My stories” and then “Start a new story”
Step 3: Fill in the title of the story. You can also add an image and write a description (optional)
Step 4: Click on “Add a new chapter.” Then provide a chapter title and write your story in not more than 3000 words
Step 5: Click Publish. Put the tag #tomorrow in the tags section. Also fill in the story category and hit Publish again. Your story is now published!
You can also use Sweek on your desktop computer/laptop
Tip: see who’s commenting on your story via the app!
iOS app: http://apple.co/2kFB2IR
Android app: http://bit.ly/2jSwcrX
Good luck, Sweekers!