Writing competition: #SWEEKLOVE!
THIS CONTEST IS CLOSED FOR SUBMISSIONS
Upload your story on sweek.com to enter in the competition!
Let’s talk about love! With Valentine’s day slowly approaching and love vibes in the air, it is time for a new Sweek competition. This time for all our love & romance fans: #SWEEKLOVE! Of course, other genres are more than welcome to participate, as long as your story has a love plot!
We asked Sweekers to vote for their favorite theme, and as voting on the topic came really tight (and who are we to limit the choice of a love story? ;)) We’ve decided to give you two topics to choose from! Fiction, non-fiction – we leave it up to you!
Topic 1: Secret love
An ideal topic for all those who have secret crushes, secret relationships, secret passions…you name it! Based on a true story or not, doesn’t matter, as long as it’s a catchy depiction of secret love 😉
Topic 2: Imperfect love
No one is perfect, they say. But is it also the case with love? Most Romance novels are based on the troubles and barriers we have to overcome in our relationships. A perfect love story would indeed be a little boring, right? This topic invites you to tell a compelling tale about love with imperfections: different backgrounds, heated arguments, disapproving families or simply loving against all odds. And of course, imperfection doesn’t mean it can’t be epic!
6th of February – 15th of March
Impress our jury to win the following prizes:
Best story [jury prize]: 1 gift card worth €100
Most popular story [crowd prize]: 1 gift card worth €100
Most original [jury prize]: 1 gift card worth €25
Best plot twist [jury prize]: 1 gift card worth €25
Best writing style [jury prize]: 1 gift card worth €25
Most compelling [jury prize]: 1 gift card worth €25
Best characters [jury prize]: 1 gift card worth €25
Next to these prize winners, we’ll select top stories for each language to be featured on Sweek for 3 weeks. The winners will be announced on the 31st of March on the blog, social media and via email.
- You need to be 14 years or older to participate. Younger participants need their parents’ permission.
- The story can be in English, Spanish, Turkish, German, Dutch, Hindi or Marathi. Writers from all parts of the world are invited to join.
- Word limit: up to 10,000 words
- The story doesn’t have to be new or exclusive, but needs to be newly uploaded on Sweek
- The story didn’t participate in previous Sweek competitions
- The story must be created by you
- The story must be tagged #sweeklove in story details
- The story must be submitted and finished before the deadline: 15/03/17, 23:59 CET
- You can participate with multiple entries, as long as they all meet our guidelines
- The story can be of any genre, as long as it is related to the topic. It can be a combination of young adult, fantasy, science fiction, poetry etc. with a love plot!
- Crowd prize is determined by the number of followers. The deadline for the followers count is: 30/03/17, 23:59 CET. Falsification of followers will lead to a warning, followed by immediate disqualification if the behavior continues.
- Prizes will be converted to local currency and given for a webshop that’s available in your country.
How to publish a story on Sweek (video tutorial)
Tip: see who’s following your story via the Sweek app!
iOS app: http://apple.co/2kFB2IR
Android app: http://bit.ly/2jSwcrX
Good luck, Sweekers, and let love win!