News & Updates
sweek space india
June 30, 2018
Sweekers! Are you ready for a new writing campaign on Sweek? This time we partnered with Space India and we have a new contest out of this world! Keep reading if you want to find out how to take part and what is there for you!
🤔QUESTIONS ANSWERED 🤔
What are we looking for and what can you write about?
We are looking for fiction or non-fiction stories that revolve around the topic of asteroids. The main goal behind the campaign is to learn more about asteroids and realize the seriousness of the issue that we may encounter in future.
Your story can either have an educational purpose and be written as a non-fiction, or you can use your imagination to create a work of fiction. You can also read about events that took place in the past and write a fictional story about what could happen if there was a collision with Earth. If you are more into movies, watch 2001: A Space Odyssey to discover some plot ideas 😉
What is the Asteroid Day and why does it happen on the 30th of June?
International Asteroid Day was proclaimed by the United Nations to be observed each year at the anniversary of Tunguska event, on June 30. It is a global awareness movement where people come together to learn about asteroids & what we can do to protect Earth. Sweek partnered with Space India to raise awareness and educate people around the globe about the danger that asteroids heading to Earth might cause.
Who can take part in the campaign?
We want to encourage all writers worldwide interested in the topic to submit their work.
✍ CONTEST SUMMARY ✍
– Global contest
– 250 – 5,000 words
– Fiction or non-fiction
– The story must revolve around the topic of asteroids (interpreting this prompt is crucial)
– Include tag #SweekSpace to participate
🗓 DURATION 🗓
Submissions open: 30th of June – 14th of August 2018
Winners announcement: 31st of August
📝 PARTICIPATING LANGUAGES 📝
🏆 PRIZES 🏆
Shortlisted stories will be published and promoted by Space India and Sweek. If there are enough quality stories in the shortlist, these stories will be bundled in a book via Sweek self-publishing!
❓ HOW TO PARTICIPATE ❓
Step 1: Download the Sweek app or use our website:
Android app: http://bit.ly/SweekforAndroid
iOS app: http://bit.ly/SweekforiOS
Step 2: Create an account or log in.
Step 3: Upload your work by going to ‘My stories’ and ‘Start a new story’.
Step 4: Publish your entries with the tag #SweekSpace in the tags section in Story Details.
That’s it! Don’t forget to share your work with friends and family to get more readers!
📜 RULES 📜
Read these guidelines carefully before joining this writing campaign!
- You need to be 13 years or older to participate. Younger participants need their parents’ permission.
- To participate, the entry must be tagged #SweekSpace in story details.
- Your work cannot exceed 5,000 words. If it does, it will be disqualified.
- Both prose and poetry are accepted.
- Only entries submitted before 14/08 @23:59 CET will be accepted.
- You can take part with all literary genres (with the main focus on nonfiction and sci-fi).
- Entries do not have to be newly uploaded on Sweek (you can participate with previously published work).
- Participation in the contest and using our website is free of charge.
- Your entry does not have to be exclusive, meaning it can be already uploaded somewhere else.
- The entry has to meet Sweek community guidelines.
- The submitted work must be created by you. You can also write with a friend if you want to, but in case you win, the prize will be shared.
- You can participate with multiple entries. There is no limit per person.
- You can edit your entry until the submission deadline. After the deadline, you can no longer modify anything until the winners announcement (this will lead to disqualification).
- Selecting the shortlist will be based on the writing style, plot development of the story, originality, overall correct use of the English language (including grammar and punctuation) as well as interpretation of the given prompt.
- Spamming on Sweek or falsification of your followers will lead to disqualification of your story with a prior warning.
- Sweek reserves a right to disqualify any entry that breaks our community guidelines and rules of this contest.
- By entering in this competition, you give Sweek the right to publish your story in a book. In case the author does not agree, he/she must state in the short description that Sweek cannot publish the story in print.
- Participation in the contest constitutes acceptance of the official rules stated above.