Sweek student writing competition!
June 28, 2017
June 28, 2017
Dutch company Sweek is looking for young talented writers! Do you want to win cash prizes to cover a part of your tuition, take a weekend break from studying or treat your family to a great dinner? Start writing now and get a chance to win over ₹35,000 in cash in our student writing competiton! As long as your story is less than 3,000 words, you can write in any genre and on any topic: a thrilling mystery, a breathtaking fantasy, or an epic love story!
HOW TO JOIN IN 5 STEPS?
Step 1: You must be registered to a college in India. If you graduated any time in 2017, you can still participate 🙂
Step 2: Download the Sweek app or use our website
Android app: http://bit.ly/SweekforAndroid
iOS app: http://bit.ly/SweekforiOS
Step 3: Create an account or log in
Step 4: Go to ‘My stories’ and then click on ‘New story’. Create a chapter and write or copy in your story.
Step 5: Publish your work and fill in the tag #IndiaCollegeClash in your story details. Finalize by ‘Publish’ – your story is now published and part of the writing contest! If you would like your college to win the best college award (so not mandatory!), put the abbreviation of your college in the tags section, or write the university and college full name in the short description of your story.
RULES & REGULATIONS
- Your story needs to be written in English or Hindi
- The story must be tagged #IndiaCollegeClash in the story details
- Word limit: maximum 3,000 words
- The story doesn’t have to be new or exclusive (so it can be a story from an existing blog for instance), but needs to be newly uploaded on Sweek
- The story must be created by you
- The story must be submitted and finished before the deadline: 31/07/17, 23:59
- You can participate with multiple entries
- It can be a combination of e.g. young adult, romance, fantasy, science fiction, crime and it can have the form of both prose and poetry
Jury 1st choice award: ₹10,000 cash + printed certificate
Jury 2nd choice award: ₹5,000 cash + printed certificate
Jury 3rd choice award: ₹2,500 cash + printed certificate
Jury 4th – 10th choice: printed certificate
Best college award: ₹5,000 cash + all entries get a printed participation certificate
Most popular story award: ₹5,000 cash
Most active reader award: ₹2,500 cash
Best feedback award: ₹2,500 cash
Best cover design award: ₹2,500 cash
Predict the winner award: ₹2,500 cash
*Find the rules regarding the prizes below
Participation: June 20th – July 31st
Winner announcement: August 22nd
Good luck! For any questions, don’t hesitate to comment below or contact us via email@example.com. Sweek is based in the Netherlands, Europe.
Your story will be read by these expert jury members and the Sweek editorial team.
Pragya Sharma is a blogger, book reviewer, and clinical psychologist. Find out more via ReviewingShelf.
Avnika Gupta is a Spoken Word Artist and street theater artist. Check out her Facebook page!
We’re sure you don’t want to miss the deadline, so join the Facebook event to get timely reminders!
Although any student and literary club can join for this contest, our official partners are great literary clubs who help us make this competition possible. Introducing:
Literary Committee, LNMIIT. Visit them on Facebook!
KalamKaar: the Literary Society of DDUC. Check them out on Facebook!
Literary & Debating Club | NIT Calicut. Follow them on Facebook!
University Debating & Literary Club – AMU. Read more on Facebook!
Best college award goes to the college with the highest total score. The score is based on number of entries multiplied by the average score of the stories on a scale of 1 to 5, given by the jury. If the college has a literary club, they will be awarded the prize. If not, the college will be contacted.
Most popular story award goes to the story with the highest number of followers. The deadline for the followers count is: 15/08/17, 23:59. Falsification of followers will lead to a warning, followed by immediate disqualification if the behavior continues.
Most active reader award goes to the reader that gave the most likes, follows and comments on any Sweek story. Be sure to add #IndiaCollegeClash in your profile ‘about’ section to let us know you want to participate. You don’t need to have written a story yourself to participate. The deadline for the activity count is 15/08/17, 23:59
Best feedback award goes to person who gave the most useful feedback to a story that participates in the #IndiaCollegeClash competition. Simply add #IndiaCollegeClash to the end of your comment to have the jury read your comment. You don’t need to have written a story yourself to participate. The deadline for writing your comment is 15/08/17, 23:59.
Best cover design award goes to the most beautiful and original cover. For participation you need to upload the cover on Instagram and add in description #indiacollegeclash and tag @sweekstories. The winner will be selected by the Sweek team together with the Sweek Keepers.
* The cash amount will be transferred via paypal or to a bank account with a valid IBAN and BIC code. The transfer fee will be paid by Sweek, but is not responsible for the conversion rate from Euro to a local currency the receiving bank uses. In case of non-availability of either, a gift card to a webshop can be considered. The printed certificates for the top 10 will be personalized and sent to their home address. The certificates for the college award will be sent to one address of the literary society or university and are not personalized.