Sweek #ScareMe Challenge
October 13, 2017
October 13, 2017
Ghosts, Monsters, Wizards, Vampires,
This is what Sweek #ScareMe desires!
If Friday the 13th left you any courage,
With our new writing challenge!
Would you like to participate in our challenge and scare other Sweekers? Write a story of 1,000 words max. in a genre that is linked to Halloween (horror, crime, thriller, fantasy and sci-fi) between this Friday 13th and the 3rd of November.
Share it with your fellow writers and if your story gets at least 10 followers – you’ll be awarded with the special Sweek Halloween 2017 Challenge Badge!
The ten scariest stories, with the most number of followers per language, will be read by the Sweek Team and three of them will be featured on our social media channels as well as on the Sweek platform.
Finally, the author of our favourite story will receive a mug with his/her very own scary quote on it and the winning story will also be featured on Sweek. 🙂
Best story (all languages): Mug with a quote from your scary story and featured on Sweek, Social Media channels.
10 most popular stories (per language): will be read by the Sweek team and three of them will be featured on our platform and social media channels.
All participants with more than 10 followers: will receive a special Halloween badge.
Submission open: Friday 13th to November 3rd
Winner announcement: 15th of November
? COMPETITION GUIDELINES
- The story must be tagged with #ScareMe in order to join the contest.
- Word limit: 1,000 words (can be less).
- The story doesn’t have to be exclusive but needs to be newly uploaded on Sweek
- The story must be written in English, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, Dutch or German.
- The story must be submitted and finished before the deadline: 3/11/2017, 23:59 CET.
- You can participate with multiple entries.
- Stories of all genres will be accepted, with a special focus on horror, crime & thriller, Fantasy and Sci-Fi.
- The ten favourite stories will be determined by the number of followers (all the allowed languages are participating). The deadline for the followers’ count is 13/11/17, 23:59 CET.
? How to participate:
Step 1: Download the Sweek app or use our website:
Android app: http://bit.ly/SweekforAndroid
iOS app: http://bit.ly/SweekforiOS
Step 2: Create an account or log in
Step 3: Upload your story by going to ‘My stories’ and ‘Start a new story’
Step 4: Publish your story with the tag #ScareMe either in the title, description or in the tags section of the Story Details (don’t forget to press enter to save it! 🙂 )
Step 5: Get ten friends to like your story to get our special Halloween 2017 badge
→ Here you have a step-by-step guide on how to upload your story: CLICK