Writing Contest: #My2018!
December 13, 2017
December 13, 2017
Write your 2018!
After a very successful ‘Write your 2017’ contest last year, Sweek is back with the second edition of this inspiring writing contest!
At the end of each year we take time to reflect upon our life and to make plans for the upcoming year. With a little bit of creativity you can transform your contemplations into an adventurous sci-fi story, a thrilling mystery or an epic love story. Look for inspiration around you! Already have plans for New Year’s Eve? Turn them into an exciting adventure story! Are you starting a new study soon? You might meet a handsome classmate on your first day and get tangled up in a passionate romance! Whatever your 2018 brings – let the words flow and create a story about it! Fiction or nonfiction, poetry and prose, as long as your entry is related to the upcoming year of 2018!
– Join until 06/02/2018
– All genres; poetry and prose; fiction and nonfiction
– The story can be maximum 5,000 words (can be less!)
– Grand prize $200; Best story per language: $50
– Global; participating languages: English, Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch, German, Polish, Turkish, Russian
Impress our jury to win the following prizes:
Best story [international]: $200 cash
Best story per participating language: $50 cash
Best feedback per participating language: $20 (see below)
10 finalists per language: featured on Sweek for 3 weeks. All stories that have over 25 followers, will receive a special Fireworks badge on their cover! The deadline for the follower count is 6th of February (23:59 CET)
Participating languages: English, Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch, German, Polish, Turkish, Russian
Submissions close: 6th of February (23:59 CET)
Winners announced: 26th of February
Step 1: Download the Sweek app or use our website:
Step 2: Create an account or log in
Step 3: Upload your story by going to ‘My stories’ and ‘Start a new story’
Step 4: Publish your story with the tag #My2018 in the tags section in Story Details
Read these guidelines carefully before joining this writing competition!
- You need to be 13 years or older to participate. Younger participants need their parents’ permission
- The story must be tagged #My2018 in story details
- The story can’t have more than 5000 words
- No genre restrictions. Prose and poetry. Fiction and nonfiction
- The story needs to be newly uploaded on Sweek.
- The story doesn’t have to be exclusive, meaning it can be published somewhere else
- The story meets Sweek community guidelines
- The story must be created by you. You can also write with a friend if you want to, but in case you win, the prize will be shared.
- You can participate with multiple entries
- You can edit your entry until the submission deadline. After the deadline, you can no longer modify anything in your story
- You can win only one cash prize
- Spamming on Sweek or falsification of your followers will lead to disqualification of your story with a prior warning
- The cash prize will be transferred via Paypal (Sweek bears the transfer costs). If the winner is based in Europe, the cash prize will be arranged via a bank transfer. In case there is no option to create a Paypal account, we can arrange the prize via a gift card or a bank transfer for which the costs are split. We’re not responsible for currency conversion rate at the time of transferring the cash prize
#My2018Feedback is open for all #My2018 stories! Help your fellow writers get even better! For each language, the Sweeker who leaves the best critique receives $20. How to join?
Step 1. Search for #My2018 on Sweek and read a story
Step 2. Provide feedback/critique in a comment on the story
Step 3. Add #My2018Feedback at the end of your comment so that we can find it
Step 4. You can participate as many times as you like until 6th of February 2018. You can participate even if you didn’t write a story on the topic!