Writing contest: #AspiringIndia – Celebrating Storytelling
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: 16.05.17, 23:59 CET
Upload your story on sweek.com to enter in this writing contest!
Stories bring us together and let us immerge into a beautiful world. We believe that we owe it to each other to tell stories and we want to celebrate the magnificent art of storytelling by inviting you to share your ‘Aspiring India’ story with the world. Grab your pen or keyboard and submit your fiction or nonfiction masterpiece in our writing contest.
Nonfiction: What are your aspirations for India, Indian society or Indian culture? How do you see India changing and what are you proud of? Or what are your hopes and dreams for your own future – what will you achieve?
Fiction: Let your creativity run freely and reflect the aspirations of India or Indian people in a fictional tale. Take the reader into a new science fiction world, into an epic love story or simply into a compelling anecdote.
20th of April – 16th of May
Impress our jury to win the jury prize or gain the most followers on Sweek to win the crowd prize:
Next to these prize winners, we’ll select top 10 stories to be featured on Sweek for 3 weeks! The winners will be announced on the 5th of June on the blog, social media and via email.
Your story will be read by these expert jury members and the Sweek editorial team. Introducing:
Avnika Gupta is a Spoken Word Artist at National Youth Poetry Slam and street theater artist. She writes at Berlin ArtParasites, Thought Catalog, Terribly Tiny Tales and Gender Pages Project. She’s also Chief Editor at Survivors of India. Find more about Avnika Gupta on her Facebook page.
Anuradha Goyal is a travel blogger, book reviewer, speaker, author of The Mouse Charmers – Digital Pioneers of India, co-author of CII India Innovates Report and blogger on innovation. Read more about Anuradha on her Facebook pages (IndiTales & AnuReviews), her IndiTales travel blog and Anureviews book review website.
- You need to live in India OR be of Indian origin to participate
- You need to be 14 years or older to participate. Younger participants need their parents’ permission.
- Your story needs to be written in English or Hindi
- The story must be tagged #aspiringindia in story details
- Word limit: maximum 1,000 words
- The story doesn’t have to be new or exclusive, but needs to be newly uploaded on Sweek
- The story didn’t participate in previous Sweek competitions
- The story must be created by you. You can also write with a friend if you want to, but in case you win, the prize will be shared. It’s just one prize per story
- The story must be submitted and finished before the deadline: 16/05/17, 23:59
- You can participate with multiple entries, as long as they all meet our guidelines
- The story can be of any genre, as long as it is related to the topic. It can be a combination of e.g. young adult, romance, fantasy, science fiction, crime and it can have the form of both prose and poetry.
- Crowd prize is determined by the number of followers. The deadline for the followers count is: 04/06/17, 23:59.
- Falsification of followers will lead to a warning, followed by immediate disqualification if the behavior continues.
* The cash amount will be transferred to a bank account with a valid BIC code. The transfer fee will be paid by Sweek, but is not responsible for the conversion rate from Euro to a local currency the receiving bank uses. In case of non-availability of a bank account, a solution using Paypal or gift card to Amazon can be considered.
Step 1: Download the Sweek app
Step 2: Sign up, click on “My stories” and then “Start a new story”
Step 3: Fill in the title of the story. You can also add an image and write a description (optional)
Step 4: Click on “Add a new chapter.” Then provide a chapter title and write your story in not more than 1000 words
Step 5: Click Publish. Put the tag #AspiringIndia in the tags section. Also fill in the story category and hit Publish again. Your story is now published!
You can also use Sweek on your desktop computer/laptop
#Myfeedback challenge is open for all Aspiring India participants! Celebrate storytelling and help your fellow writers get even better. The 3 best critiques on any Aspiring India story will receive ₹ 1000 prize each. How to join?
1. Search for #aspiringindia on Sweek and read a story
2. Provide feedback/critique in a comment on the story
3. Add #myfeedback at the end of your comment so that we can find it
4. You can participate as many times as you like until June 4th
You can participate even if you didn’t write a story on the topic 🙂
SHORT CONTEST SUMMARY
Max. 1,000 words // all genres // fiction and nonfiction // prose and poetry
Tip: see who’s commenting on your story via the app!
Good luck, Sweekers!